You should be aware that as soon as you access the plannord.gouv.qc.ca website, an information exchange occurs automatically without your intervention between your computer and the Nexun Media server. This information does not identify you personally. The following information is exchanged:
- the Web domain name, e.g. “companyx.com” if you use a private Internet access account or “university.edu” if you access the Internet through a university and your IP address, which is a number that your Internet service provider automatically assigns to your computer every time you navigate on the Web, with which you access our site;
- the type of browser and the operating system used to access our website;
- the date and time at which you access our site;
- the pages that you visit; and
- the address of the referrer.
Protection of personal information
In accordance with the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information, the government department or body that requests your personal information must make sure of the necessity of collecting this information (section 64), identify itself and inform you of (excerpt from section 65):
- the name address of the public agency on behalf of which the information is being collected;
- the use to be made of this information;
- the categories of persons who will have access to the information;
- the fact that a reply is obligatory, or that it is optional;
- the consequences for the person concerned or, as the case may be, for the third party, in case of a refusal to reply;
- the rights of access and correction provided by law.
If you wish to submit personal information by email, we will only use the information required to respond to your message and provide follow-up to it. The same confidentiality measures apply to the handling of emails as to regular mail. The personal information transmitted is only communicated to another government body when your request is addressed to the body or such communication is required by law. The information transmitted is not under any circumstances used to create user profiles and is not transmitted to any private agency. This site proposes links to the websites of other Québec government bodies and to the websites of a number of private organizations.
When you leave the plannord.gouv.qc.ca website, the information exchanged is not subject to its confidentiality policy but to that of the private website, as the case may be. If you have comments or questions, please contact customer service.