Business Development Office and Web plateform
The work of the Business Development Office targets three specific objectives:
Support public and private ordering parties and structural projects in the area covered by the Plan Nord
- Promote business links between suppliers and ordering parties in the public and private sectors and project promoters;
- Facilitate the implementation of projects presented by private-sector ordering parties;
- Facilitate the implementation of structural projects;
- Promote the adoption of government measures to encourage ordering parties to procure goods and services from Québec suppliers.
Support suppliers of goods and services in the North, in Aboriginal communities and in Québec as a whole
- Establish a technological platform to enable communications with suppliers;
- Provide suppliers with strategic information;
- Assist suppliers in their market development;
- Promote business links between suppliers in the area covered by the Plan Nord and in the rest of Québec;
- Support entrepreneurial actions in the area covered by the Plan Nord and in Québec as a whole.
Inform investors in Québec, Canada and abroad of the business opportunities available in the area covered by the Plan Nord
- Identify and promote business opportunities in the North;
- Encourage networking and partnerships between investors and project promoters;
- Offer assistance for investors to help them become established in Québec.
The Business Development Office agents offer services to all three client groups at the SPN head office in Québec City and the offices in Sept-Îles, Baie-Comeau, Roberval and Chibougamau.
The Business Development Office of the Société du Plan Nord proudly announces his Business Platform.
- Businesses operating in economic sectors related to the Plan Nord that are interested in acting as suppliers of goods or services in the territory that the Plan Nord covers;
- Prime contractors in the public and private sectors;
- Promoters of catalyst projects operating in the territory.
- Presents invitations to tender from the public and private sectors and business opportunities in Northern Québec;
- Strategic information and useful advice concerning the Northern Québec market;
- A pool of businesses from throughout Québec but also possible business partners.