Fonds d'initiatives du Plan Nord (FIPN)
Submit a project
The projects are accepted during Call of project period held a few time throughout the year. The last Call of project ended on March 7, 2019. Please, visit this page on a regular basis to get informed on the next Call of project.
The FIPN supports and promotes projects that:
- generate economic activity and also create and maintain jobs in the area covered by the Plan Nord;
- assist development and wellbeing in communities in the North;
- target protection for the environment and the conservation of biodiversity
For promoters who received a financial support from FIPN.
For further assistance, please contact our team.
Community Greenhouse Program
The community greenhouse program, administered by the Société du Plan Nord, supports the northern communities that demonstrate interest in the development of community greenhouse projects located on the Plan Nord’s territory and that are consistent with the Plan Nord approach.
Support the construction of community greenhouses that aim at improving the health and wellbeing of the local population by providing the following benefits:
- Better availability of fresh local produce of high nutritional quality;
- Stimulation of community life (i.e.: citizen participation, opportunities to create links with schools to use greenhouses as tools for education, etc.);
The projects can take the form of gardening plots made available to the community or they can aim at selling produce as long as the operation remains non-for-profit or that the profits generated are entirely redistributed in the community.
Deadline for Project Submission
Promoters may file an application for financial assistance from the Société du Plan Nord until funding is exhausted. We suggest contacting the program coordinator before submitting the documents in order to insure funds are still available. If the application for financial assistance is submitted by mail, the postmark will count as the date of submission.
Ms. Myriam Blais
Phone: 418 643-1874, extension 6436
Phone: 1 855 214-9807
Program for multi-resource roads in the mining sector
- To support mining activities taking place on the areas covered by the Plan Nord, by reducing the roadwork cost which facilitates access to new mining deposits.
- To recognize the structuring effect of sustainable investments initiated by mining ventures on the strategic multi-resource roads network.
Is eligible any enterprise having a permanent establishment in Québec. The enterprise must have control of the mineral deposit or must own an existing mining production facility on the areas covered by the Plan Nord.
- The planned major roadworks result in lasting rehabilitation or improvement of existing multi-resource roads.
- These roadworks allow a significant improvement of the current road network for the benefit of a mining project on the territory of the Plan Nord.
- A project must represent investments of more than $3 million on a two-year period and must achieve a class 1, a class 2 or a class “hors norme”.
- The basic financial support of the Program is 25% of the eligible costs of the project.
- The maximum financial support provided from this Program cannot be greater than 35% of the eligible costs of a project.
Director – Strategic Infrasructure
418-643-1874, ext. 6402