Société du Plan Nord
Its mission is to contribute, in collaboration with the representatives of the regions and the aboriginal nations concerned, as well as the private sector, to the integrated and coherent development of the area covered by the Plan Nord, in keeping with the principle of sustainable development and in accordance with the policy directions defined by the Government in relation to the Plan Nord.
- Coordinate infrastructure projects.
- Assist and support local and aboriginal communities in their community and socio-economic development projects.
- Carry out or contribute to research and development activities as well as activities to acquire knowledge of the area.
- Contribute to setting up mechanisms to allow 50% of the area covered by the Plan Nord to be used, by 2035, for purposes other than industrial purposes, for the protection of the environment and for the preservation of biodiversity.
- Contribute to maximizing the economic spinoffs generated by the development of the natural resources in the area covered by the Plan Nord.
- Establish satellite offices in the Nunavik, Baie-James–Eeyou Istchee, Côte-Nord and Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean areas to ensure ongoing, functional and effective communications with its clients.
- Set up a Business Development Office whose object is to communicate to local and regional enterprises the supply and equipment needs of ordering parties operating in the area covered by the Plan Nord.
- Advise the Government.
Be flexible and responsive as a public organization to meet the particular needs of the North and thus
contribute to the sustainable development of the region and its communities.
Consult and promote teamwork and partnerships to support mobilizing and unifying projects effectively.
Act dutifully and respectfully, honouring commitments to clients, government authorities, partners, and colleagues.
To establish itself as a reference in northern development and thus contribute to the realization of tangible and beneficial projects for the communities involved.