Assembly of Partners
The Plan Nord could not exist without a close partnership with the local communities. The continuation of this dialogue with partners in the North reflects the government’s firm intention to maintain and strengthen the relationship it has established with local, and especially aboriginal, communities.
The Société du Plan Nord (SPN) is supported in its actions by the Assembly of Partners whose members are appointed in a way that ensures that it is representative of the local and aboriginal communities in the territories of Nunavik, James Bay–Eeyou Istchee, Côte-Nord and Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean and the main sectors of activity concerned.
Its role is to submit advices and recommendations on any matter in relation to the mission or activities of SPN.
- Donald Bherer, General Manager, Cégep de Sept-Îles
- Luc Simard, Prefect, MRC Maria-Chapdelaine
- Alain Branchaud, General Manager, SNAP Québec
- Abel Bosum, Grand Chief of the Grand Council of the Crees
- Steeve Côté, Full Professor, Université Laval
- Manon Cyr, vice-chairperson, Eeyou Istchee James Bay Regional Government, who is also the President of the Assembly of Partners
- Sophie D’Amours, Rector, Université Laval
- Ghislain Desjardins, public sector retired
- Jennifer Munick, Chairperson, Kativik Regional Government
- Valérie Filion, General Manager, Association de l’exploration minière du Québec
- Minnie Grey, Executive Director, Nunavik Board of Health
- Yves Montigny, Mayor of Baie-Comeau
- Mandy Gull, Vice-Grand Chief, Grand Council of the Cree
- Robin McGinley, Executive Director, Eeyou Istchee Tourism
- Josée Méthot, President and CEO, Québec Mining Association
- Réjean Porlier, Mayor of Sept-Îles
- Martin Saint-Laurent, Prefect, MRC de Caniapiscau
- Jean-François Samray, General Manager, Association québécoise de la production d’énergie renouvelable, who is also the Vice-President of the Assembly of Partners
- Sonia St-Arnaud, Director, Development Projects and Strategies, Hydro-Québec Production
- Noah Swappie, Chief, Naskapi Nation of Kawawachikamach
- Denis Lebel, President and CEO, Québec Forest Industry Council
- René Dubé, President, Administration régionale Baie-James
- Marjolaine Tshernish, Executive Director, Institut Tshakapesh
- Chalie Watt, President, Makivik Corporation
- Sandy Shecanapish, president of Société de développement des Naskapis
Last updated on March 28, 2018.